Zero Waste Essentials – Recommended Products and Rituals
Fulfil yourself with the right knowledge and tools that will lead you to live a zero waste and sustainable lifestyle where you will generate less waste and feel in harmony with the environment.
The consumerist lifestyle that we have is no longer sustainable. We are killing the Earth and all the nature and species that surround us day by day. Do you really think that you can keep on using and using, throwing and throwing and that meanwhile, all the resources will be there for you? Not really. This is the time when we need to change our habits and be more conscious of all of our actions. In order to be conscious inhabitants of the planet Earth, we need to leave behind the consumerist lifestyle of this capitalist society.
Sustainable living is a lifestyle that attempts to reduce an individual’s or society’s use of the Earth’s natural resources and personal resources. Practitioners of sustainable living often attempt to reduce their carbon footprint by altering methods of transportation, energy consumption, and diet.
Products that You Should Try and Include in Your Daily Life
- Beeswax Organic Cotton Food Wrap:
- The natural alternative to plastic wrap for food storage. Keep food fresher! Made with organic cotton, beeswax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin.
- Wrap cheese, half a lemon, a crusty loaf of bread, and fruits and vegetables. Cover a bowl, or pack a snack for your next adventure. Made with organic cotton, beeswax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin. Bee’s Wrap is washable, reusable and compostable.
2. Reusable Bamboo/Cotton Make-up Remover Pads:
- The reusable makeup remover pads are an easy way to swap out your cotton pads and become more environmentally conscious. They’re a little larger than your standard cotton cleansing pads, so you can get your whole face done with one. Plus they can be used with any makeup remover or micellar water of your choosing.
3. Eco-friendly Bamboo toothbrush:
- The major advantage difference between bamboo and plastic toothbrushes is the fact that the major material used for plastic toothbrushes (petroleum) requires lots of energy for its processing and is essentially non-biodegradable since their degradation takes a lot of time (a millennium) all the while releasing harmful toxins to the environment. The handles in the bamboo toothbrush are made entirely from bamboos in most cases which can be left in landfill areas with the safe knowledge that they are entirely degradable.
4. Menstrual Cups and Reusable Bamboo Sanitary Pads:
- Menstrual cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone and shaped like a bell with a stem. The stem is used for insertion and removal. Unlike tampons and pads, cups collect menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it. One cup is reusable for up to ten years or more!
- Most cloth pads are estimated to last up to five years if they’re properly cared for. Some people say theirs last even longer than that!