Your Guide to Hotel Chocolate and Other Gourmet Chocolate Shops
Chocolate is a comfort food, it comforts us in our time of stress, a perfect source of relief when we feel weary enhances our mood and stabilise our feeling toward becoming more optimistic.
Milk chocolate with high sugar content is less healthy compared to the dark chocolate – the purer the better. Chocolate is derived from the seed of cocoa which is known to be packed with antioxidants that can fight the abnormal growth of a cell. Supplement studies also revealed that purer dark chocolates sold at many gourmet or specialist chocolate shops can improve the blood circulation and prevent any coronary heart ailment.
To make sure that you are buying a good quality of dark chocolate, purchase them from specialist high-end chocolate shops. A quality dark chocolate contains a high amount of cocoa. It is filled with minerals and dietary fibres. Usually, a bar of chocolates that is around 100 grams contains 85% of cocoa. It also includes essential nutrients such as Manganese, Copper, Magnesium Iron, Selenium, Zinc, Phosphorous, and Potassium. However, the single bar also contains 600 calories so you should take this in moderation. The fatty acids found in dark chocolates are mostly monosaturated and saturated only. It also contains caffeine but just a small portion compared to coffee and other stimulants.
The anti-oxidant that is contained in the dark chocolates prevents the formation of the free radicals. Based on the study conducted on different seeds, cocoa produced a considerable result on its amount of anti-oxidants. It also contains active compounds that functions in the same way as the antioxidants such as catechins, flavonols, and polyphenols. Cocoa contains a higher amount of antioxidants compared to Acai berry and blueberry.
If you want to buy Gourmet chocolate, there are lots of specialist chocolate shops online. Here are some of the top online shops that are offering amazing and extraordinary chocolate products.
This chocolate gourmet shop has been in existent since 1925 but as of late they have decided to sell their products online to the consumers. They offer the highest quality of dark chocolates compare to other hotel chocolate and other gourmet chocolate shops.
Hotel chocolate and other gourmet chocolate shops offer handmade products. They physically brew their tea and coffee, cook their fruits and squeeze it. They also use organic herb when it is necessary. They also utilise local honey that accentuates the taste of their product.
This distinct gourmet chocolate shop offers chocolate in a very specialised packaging. They are dedicated to providing the classic taste but as well as continue to evolve by offering the unique and modern chocolate tasting which you may rarely found on other hotel chocolate and other gourmet chocolate shops.
The best of gourmet chocolate can be found on most UK high streets. From stunning boxed chocolates, luxury selections, giant slabs, or delicious little Selector packs. 80% dark to milk chocolate with a colourful array of melt in the mouth exhilarating, fruit and nutty flavours. Gift wrapped chocolate from a cheap as £1. If you are lucky they may even be giving out yummy free samples to taste. Cannot resist this chocolate shop.
Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 200g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 85g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 85g organic plain flour or ground almond
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g stevia or xylitol
- 100g organic palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar; honey or maple syrup
- 25g dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 medium egg
- 75ml milk (5 tbsp)
- chocolate drops, to decorate or fresh raspberries
- No added sugar or sweetened with stevia chocolate spread.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees centigrade.
- Grease a round silicon oven mould with a drop of olive oil.
- Mix together the flours, vanilla extract, sugars/sweeteners, cocoa powder.
- Gradually whisk in milk, olive oil the mixture together.
- Add baking soda.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Add eggs and whisk.
- When light and fluffy, pour the mixture into the silicone mould
- Bake 30 for minutes.
- Cool the cake, until it reaches room temperature.
- Cover with low sugar/stevia chocolate spread.
- Serve with greek yoghurt or Crème fraîche
- Store in a tin or tupperware.
Get more yummy recipes
Quick healthy hot chocolate
- Melt a tablespoon of Hasslachers pure zero sugar chocolate into a cup or pan of milk.
- Heat on the pan or microwave until milk bubbles.
- Add stevia or other healthy sweetener and enjoy!