DELICIOUS TORTILLA SOUP FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
- 8 large tomatoes skinned
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- Half an onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large dried Ancho chilis soaked in water
- One bag of flavourless nacho chips
- 1 bowl of chopped cilantro
- 1 container of “Queso Fresco” crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado cut in to chunks
- Salt to taste & fresh ground pepper
- Boil a large pot of water. Trim the ends of the tomatoes and plunge in the
boiling water till the skins are loosened. Cool & peel off the skins. Liquidise the
tomatoes with the soaked, softened chilis.
- In another cooking pot add the olive oil, chopped onions and garlic and
sauce till the onions are translucent.
- Add the liquidised tomatoes & chili mixture and bring to the boil till they
turn dark red.
Add six cups of chicken stock and 2 cups of water.
Continue to boil till the liquid is reduced by at least a cup.
- Once the soup is ready you can assemble the soup with all the
- Ladle out the soup into individual bowls and then add the garnishes as