HOW TO PREPARE SOME OF THE BEST VEGAN DESSERTS THIS CHRISTMAS
It is not only easy and fast to prepare (10 min) but it is also healthy, without sugars, gluten, additives or preservatives.
- A melting chocolate bar, one of these that it is specifically to melt down. Try to find one without sugar and with maltitol instead (sweetener). It is not the best but it is much better than sugar.
- 3 big spoons of peanut butter. You can also use almond butter, but it is much more expensive than the peanut butter one.
- 2 cups of puffed milled. You can also use wheat, quinoa, rice…Any puffed cereal can work and also all of them combined.
- A small teaspoon of maple syrup, agave, coconut, panela, etc. Any natural sweetener can work and this one is opcional since the recipe is sweet enough.
Firstly, we melt down the chocolate bar by placing a container on top of the boiling water and we slowly melt down the chocolate. When it is completely melted, we have to wait some minutes so it can cool down a bit and we add the peanut butter and the puffed milled. Next, we place everything on a tray, we wait a bit for it to get slightly colder and we place it in the fridge. After 4-5 hours we will be able to cut it like a nougat. But it is always better if you let it cool down all night long.
VEGAN MANGO MOUSSE
- 350 gr. of tofu “silken” (also called Japanese-style tofu). It has a softer consistency than regular tofu.
- A mango ripe (fresh or frozen)
- A small spoon of stevia (you can change it for honey or your favourite natural sweetener)
- 100 gr. of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries fresh or frozen)
- 4 teaspoons of sliced coconut
- Peel the mango and cut it into cubes.
- Shake the mango, the tofu and the stevia all together until you get a creamy texture.
- Pour into individual serving cups and immediately add the wild berries and the coconut on top. You can keep it in the fridge for at least 3 days.