Deliciously Creamy Carrot Soup
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped (500 g)
- 2 potatoes (250 g)
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 leek
- 900 ml of vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 spoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Add 4 spoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Season with a little salt. Add the carrots and potatoes and saute for just another minute or two to allow the flavours to be released.
- Add in the vegetable or chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup, or puree in batches in a food processor or blender. Taste and add salt if necessary. Hold soup warm to serve.