Delicious Thai Style Pumpkin Curry
This is a great way to use up those winter squashes that are abundant in the late fall.
- One small pumpkin or any type of winter squash
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Small Onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 heaped tsp of chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of fresh green chilli
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 4 oz of coconut milk
- 2 tsp sesame oil.
- Fresh coriander chopped and minced.
- Fresh chives snipped
- Preheat the oven to 400degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the skin off the pumpkin or squash, put in a roasting dish and roast for half an hour in a hot oven till the squash is tender. Put aside.
- Mince the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor.
- Mince the chilli
- In a large frying pan add the oil and onion, ginger and garlic on high heat but make sure it stays pale and not brown.
- Add the coriander, chilli powder and stir rapidly and then turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add the lemongrass and the pumpkin cubes.
- Stir and coat all the pumpkin with the spices and let this cook for about 10 minutes on low.
- Add the fish sauce sesame oil and coconut milk and continue to cook for another 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- When the mixture has absorbed all the liquids add the fresh coriander and chives.
- Serve in a bowl with rice or noodles.