Creamy and Delicious Pumpkin Risotto
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 1-2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely shopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 cup (250 gr.) of rice for risotto (Aroborio, Carnaroli, Vialone, Nano, and Baldo)
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of pumpkin pure
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 handful of mushrooms
- butter / parmesan / coconut Milk
- salt and pepper
- Put the extra virgin olive oil in a medium pot, add the chopped shallot and cook for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- Add some white wine and continue cooking until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the teaspoon of turmeric and mix.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the rice and mix altogether.
- Add the pumpkin puree on top and mix.
- Now add just enough vegetable broth to cover the rice and pumpkin. As soon as the rice begins to dry out, add another ladle of broth and stir occasionally.
- On a separate pan, cook the clove of garlic in low heat with some olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 10 minutes.
- Once the rice is “al dente”, add a bit of turmeric, salt, pepper and mushrooms.
- Last but not least, you can add a tablespoon of good quality butter to the risotto mixture or some coconut milk as an alternative.
- Place parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.