Bread Paneer Rolls
Spicy bread Paneer rolls are great as an appetizer and a tasty compliment for afternoon tea. This is very easy and quick recipe to make. Paneer, is an Indian cheese also known as chena that is liked by all and used in many dishes. Bread paneer rolls are made with spiced paneer rolled in bread.
Recipe will make 6 bread paneer rolls.
- 6 slices of soft white bread
- 1 cup shredded paneer, available in Indian grocery stores
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded (adrak)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili, adjust to your taste
- About 1-2 tablespoons hot milk, use as needed
Also Need to Grill
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
- Mix well all the filling ingredients, except milk. The texture of the mix should be soft enough to spread on bread. If needed add milk as needed. Set aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices.
- Roll the bread very thin using rolling pin. Spread a thin layer of the mix over ¾ of the bread slice, and roll it into a cylinder, making sure ends are sealed, if needed brush the edges with water.
- Lightly butter all around and grill on skillet over medium heat. Keep turning them, making sure rolls are evenly browned all around.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature they taste great. You can also slice them in two to three pieces.
Instead of paneer you can also use the boiled mashed potato with same spices.
Share This Post: