6 Healthy and Tasty Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast #1: Yoghurt with Oats
- Soya yoghurt
- Goji berry
- Strawberry, blueberries or raspberries
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
Breakfast #2: Chia Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk (use creamier milk for creamier, thicker pudding, such as full-fat coconut and cashew)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR SERVING optional
- Fresh Fruit
- To a mixing bowl add dairy-free milk, chia seeds, maple syrup (to taste), and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy. If not, add more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Enjoy as-is, or layer with compote or fresh fruit! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Breakfast #3: Banana Smoothie
- 1 or 2 bananas
- Alternative milk (oat, almond, soya)
- A bit of cinnamon
- A small spoon of oats
- Place the milk, banana, cinnamon, and oats (if using) into a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Breakfast #4: Homemade Apple Sauce
- 4 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup of water
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- You can eat it with yoghurt, pancakes, a toast or with some alternative milk.
Breakfast #5: Rye Bread with Spinach, Avocado and Poached Egg
- Rye or chia bread
- Poached egg
Instructions (easy method for poached eggs)
- Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer. If there is any very runny white surrounding the thicker white then tip this away.
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don’t add any salt as this will break up the egg white.
- Tip the egg into the pan. The yolk should follow the white.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
Breakfast #6: The Best and Healthiest Pancakes Ever
- One Banana
- Half glass of oat milk
- Half cup of oats
- A bit of Agave syrup
1. First, start by mashing the banana.
2. Then add the eggs, oats and a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
3. Whisk everything together until smooth.
5. Cook in a nonstick skillet in a little butter over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until set. You’ll want to make sure the heat isn’t too high so they don’t burn.
6. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds on the second side. ENJOY!Share This Post: