What If Your Child Accidentally Download an App?
One of the best ways to stop a kid’s tantrums is to hand him over your Android or iOs phone and let him play to his heart’s content. But there were times when your child would open the app store and purchase different applications that have no use to you; eBooks, movies, mobile application, paid games and others. If it is just a book or a movie that you rented, returning it will be fairly simple, but what are the rules and steps that you have to take if you want to return a digital content on Apple or Google and get a refund? The policies between different app stores are different but all of them allow refund, you just have to be aware about the process. Here are the steps that you need to take.
Steps to Take If Your Child Accidentally Download an App
1. ITunes host a large collection of movies, music, application, eBook, games and others for the iOs Users. If your kid accidentally downloaded an app, the first thing you have to do is head straight to the “report problem” website of Apple. You have to sign in using your Apple ID if you want to gain an access on the things that you purchased.
2. Upon reaching the interface, you will see a list of the apps that you purchased; they are arranged on the date that they were purchased. Search for the app that you want to return. Click the button that says Report Problem.
3. Choose the reason that tells your reason for getting a refund. Submit.
4. Apple will review your request, and you will probably get your refund within 48 hours if your complaint is legitimate. You will receive a notification via email if your request has been approved or not.
You can also claim a refund directly on the iTunes interface by going to the Purchase History. Click See All and you will be directed to the apps that you purchased. Report the problem and the same process mentioned above applies.
Google play has different refund policy contingent upon the amount of hours after you download the app. If it is just less than 2 hours, here’s what you need to do.
1. For the android users, Google Play is their solution when finding android app. Using your device, open the play store and go to My Apps.
2. Find the app and then click refund. The fund will be automatically refunded on your account.
But for those who exceeded the 2 hours limit, here’s what they need to do.
1. You have to request for a refund on the Google play website. Open it on your browser and sign in using your account.
2. Find the app that you purchased and place your mouse on top of the three dots (…). Click Report Problem.
3. Select the option that says that you want a refund. Then write a short explanation about your request and then submit.
4. Same as the Apple store, Google Play will verify if your request is valid or not.
There you have it, the simple ways of requesting refund in case your children will accidentally download an app.Share This Post: